Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, has said the government do not know the whereabouts of the Chinese medical who came into the country about one month ago.
The Chinese supposed health workers had been reported to have come to Nigeria to offer assistance in the fight against the coronavirus on the invitation of the government.
The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) had kicked against the involvement of Chinese doctors in the fight against COVID-19.
But the federal government had said they would not be involved in treating patients in the country.
Responding to questions at the presidential task force briefing on COVID-19 on Thursday, Ehanire said the health ministry is their host as they are staff of CCECC.
He also said that some of the Chinese nationals are not doctors, but technicians and the ministry can’t always explain what happened to them or where they are.
“I want to explain that first of all,I think not all of them are doctors and I heard that some of them are technicians, but they are staff of CCECC. The ministry of health is not their host, so we can’t always explain what happened to them or where they are,” the minster said.
“There seems to be a lot of interests in these doctors but they are the staff of a company and I think they are on the company visa. I’d be very happy if you don’t ask me where they are because they are not really our guests in that sense.
“But we have been able to learn some things from them by interacting with them from their experience in their country, we shared ideas about what they did in their country in managing COVID-19.”