Media personality Bolanle Olukanni gave some advise to women who assume that all men are scum or cheats in relationships.
The TV host and filmmaker in series of tweets told women to stop hating men based on assumptions, adding that all humans are flawed both men and women.
“At some point you really have to choose to stop hating men. And if you are going to continue to hate them then free yourself from expecting anything from them so the disappointment is doesn’t sting as much.
“Human beings are flawed. Period. Men and women. Men showcased their flawed nature by oppression and manipulation and all the horrible things they have done in the past and continue to do. But they aren’t scum. They are human and flawed.
“How the hell are you getting married and preparing for a cheating scenario. The madness. Please please . If you are then just don’t marry. Enjoy your life as a single person. Be merry.”
She also responded to some women who accused her of defending men who abused women, saying her tweets has nothing to do with male rapists.
“None of my tweets have nothing to do with the discourse on rape that is going . We are discussing people’s expectations in marriage and THAT is the conversation I am having on my timeline. Do NOT put words into my mouth,” she said.
“There is nothing you can tell me that will make me change my perspective. Not all men cheat. If you choose to believe that -prepare for your cheating partner. I will not. If you understood the power of your mind you wouldn’t say this. Our minds are supernatural. That’s on that.
“Please leave me out of your negative nancy party abeg. Life is hard enough. I choose to control my thoughts and work hard to ensure my perspective on life will bring good energy.”
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)