According to the newspaper, the new cases include two Lagos-returnees and another staff member of the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Information officer, Bauchi state primary health care development agency, Ibrahim Sani, reportedly confirmed the development.
Sani was quoted as saying the results of the cases were received from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Thursday night.
Two staff member of WHO had earlier contracted the disease in the state this week.
With the development, the number of active cases in the state is now six.
“It is true that Bauchi has three new cases. As you know, so far, five patients have recovered and have been discharged, ” Sani was quoted to have said.
” With this new development, there are now six active cases in the state, with no death.”
“One of the positive cases is a staffer of WHO. He is a contact of the first case. Then, there is a woman and another man who both returned to the state from Lagos.
“The woman is from Giade local government area of the state while the other person is a resident in Bauchi metropolis.”
Sani reportedly said the patients have been moved to the state isolation facility for treatment.