Germany has sent the ICU plane, an Airbus A310 MedEvac, to fly corona patients from Italy to hospitals in Germany. The plane has a capacity of 44 beds of which 16 are for high intensive care patients, and up to 25 medical staff.
Germany has a large number of coronavirus cases but a relatively low death rate compared to other countries and its health system has so far coped comparatively well with the crisis.
The German military is flying Covid-19-positive patients from nearby European nations that have been worse hit by the pandemic.
An air force plane landed in Bergamo, northern Italy, early this morning and is due to return to Cologne, Germany with Italian patients, who will be treated at various hospitals in the region.
Newly-released images as bellow, have shown the remarkable equipment on board the plane – which is an Airbus A-310 ‘Medivac’. Several German state governments have offered to take in patients from Italy and some have already arrived.
Itals is said to be the worst hit by the coronavirus pandemic recording over 700-1000 deaths a day.
Patients transport unit has:
* ventilator “Evita 4” transport
* ventilator “Oxylog 3000”
* multi-function monitor “Propaq EL106”
* 2 triple syringe pumps “Combimat 2000”
* suction pump “Accuvac” v
Also on board:
* 16 “Micropaq” patient monitors
* 1 “I-Stat” blood gas analyzer
* 2 flexible bronchoscopes
* “SonoSite” portable ultrasound system
* 6 “Barkey” patient warming systems
* 12-lead ECG
* 16 “Combimat 2000” triple syringe pumps
* 4 Medumat LifeBase III
* 4 “IP 2000” infusion pumps
* 1 central monitor system
* 1 refrigerator for medical chilled goods